Article 1 (Personal Information)
"Personal information" refers to "personal information" as defined in the Personal Information Protection Law. It is information about a living individual that can identify a specific individual by including name, date of birth, address, telephone number, contact information, and other descriptions. It also refers to information that can identify a specific individual from that information alone, such as appearance, fingerprints, voiceprint data, and health insurance card insurer numbers (personal identification information).
Article 2 (How to Collect Personal Information)
We may ask for personal information such as email addresses when users register for our service.
Article 3 (Purpose of Collecting and Using Personal Information)
The purposes for which we collect and use personal information are as follows:
- To provide and operate our services
- To respond to inquiries from users (including identity verification)
- To send emails about new features, updates, campaigns, etc. of the service being used by the user and other services provided by us
- To contact as necessary for maintenance, important notices, etc.
- To allow users to view, change, delete their registration information, and view their usage status
- For purposes incidental to the above purposes
Article 4 (Change of Purpose of Use)
We may change the purpose of use of personal information if it is reasonably considered to have a connection with the purpose before the change. If we change the purpose of use, we will notify the user of the changed purpose by the method specified by us, or announce it on this website.
Article 5 (Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties)
Except in the following cases, we will not provide personal information to third parties without the prior consent of the user. However, this does not apply if it is permitted by the Personal Information Protection Law or other laws.
- When it is necessary to protect the life, body, or property of a person and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person
- When it is particularly necessary for improving public health or promoting the sound growth of children and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person
- When it is necessary to cooperate with a national institution or local public body or a person entrusted by them in performing the affairs prescribed by laws and regulations, and obtaining the consent of the person may hinder the performance of the affairs
When the following items have been announced or made public in advance, and we have notified the Personal Information Protection Commission
- Including the provision to third parties in the purpose of use
- Data items provided to third parties
- Means or methods of providing to third parties
- Stopping the provision of personal information to third parties at the request of the person
- How to accept the request of the person
Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, in the following cases, the person who receives the information does not fall under a third party.
- When we entrust all or part of the handling of personal information to the extent necessary for achieving the purpose of use
- When personal information is provided due to business succession due to merger or other reasons
- When personal information is jointly used with a specific person, and in advance, the person has been notified of or put in a position to easily know the fact, the items of personal information to be jointly used, the range of joint users, the purpose of use by the user, and the name or name of the person responsible for the management of the personal information
Article 6 (Correction and Deletion of Personal Information)
- If a user finds that his/her personal information held by our company is incorrect, the user can request our company to correct, add, or delete (hereinafter referred to as "correction, etc.") the personal information according to the procedure established by our company.
- If our company determines that it is necessary to respond to the request from the user in the preceding paragraph, we will correct the personal information without delay.
- Our company will notify the user without delay when we have made a correction based on the provisions of the preceding paragraph, or when we have decided not to make a correction.
Article 7 (Suspension of Use of Personal Information, etc.)
- If a person requests us to stop or erase (hereinafter referred to as "suspension of use, etc.") the use of personal information on the grounds that the personal information is being handled beyond the scope of the purpose of use or that it was obtained by fraudulent means, we will conduct necessary investigations without delay.
- Based on the results of the investigation in the preceding paragraph, if we determine that it is necessary to respond to the request, we will suspend the use of the personal information without delay.
- Our company will notify the user without delay when we have suspended the use based on the provisions of the preceding paragraph, or when we have decided not to suspend the use.
- Notwithstanding the preceding two paragraphs, if it is difficult to suspend the use, etc. due to a large amount of cost or other reasons, and if it is possible to take alternative measures necessary to protect the rights and interests of the user, we will take such alternative measures.
- The contents of this policy can be changed without notifying the user, except for matters separately stipulated in laws and regulations or this policy.
Article 9 (Inquiry Desk)
For inquiries about this policy, please contact the following desk.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org